[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

They're punching too many buttons (or not enough)

Posted by in the EMR. The New America - nobody gets anything right anymore. nm on Fri, Sep 17 2021 at 12:54 PM CDT:

In Reply to: Like a 3-ring circus. Potassium gal, here. Yesterday, posted by Sept. 16th, I got an email from ... sm on Fri, Sep 17 2021 at 09:18 AM CDT:

: my pharmacy, saying that a potassium Rx was filled and waiting for me. What?! The date on the Rx is Sunday, Sept. 12th.

: This past Tuesday, Sept. 14th, the coding gal from my PCP's office called to relay the message that my doc said to NOT take any more potassium for right now. Get another blood draw in 6 weeks and check potassium level then, which happens to coincide with my yearly physical.

: I'm told on Tues. the 14th NOT to take any more potassium, but somehow a potassium Rx was created two days prior on Sunday the 12th. Unbeknownst to me, my pharmacy has been holding a potassium Rx for 4 days. That's never happened before!!! Must be a glitch somewhere.

: Just now, at 10:04 a.m., I got a phone reminder from Safeway Pharmacy about my Rx. This is 5 days after the Rx was created. Not good because you only have so many days to pick up your item before they restock. Customers need to know about waiting Rxs as soon as possible.

: I'll need to compose a note (documentation) to my PCP letting her know that an Rx was mistakenly created for me because she said NOT to take anymore pot. pills. I'll have to make a pit stop at the pharmacy to let them know about the mistake.

: Lawzy! I have one last task to complete with this PCP -- a colonoscopy, for which I already have a referral from her. Hopefully, I can get this thing done (with a good report) within the next 4 weeks, so I can move on to another PCP.

: Thanks for reading.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]