[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Keep in mind that if your size requires fewer calories than the average

Posted by male they use for their numbers, you will also require less of everything else. sm on Sat, Sep 11 2021 at 06:08 PM CDT:

In Reply to: I'm not diabetic and would like to keep it that way. Normal fasting posted by glucose at my lab is 70-100 mg/dL; 106 is pre-diabetic. sm on Sat, Sep 11 2021 at 03:46 PM CDT:

The WHO recommendation for potassium intake is more like 3500 mg/day for the average male and 2900 mg/day for the average female. Unless you are on medication that requires a greater intake of potassium, have abnormally low blood levels or have hypertension, I wouldn't stress so much about your intake. Lots and lots of foods contain potassium, and reducing your sodium intake will also reduce your need for potassium.

"Giving recommendations for potassium (and sodium) on the basis of energy intake would make translation of the recommendation intakes more practical. Both potassium and sodium concentrations in foods are highly correlated with the energy concentration (r = 0.72 for potassium and r = 0.81 for sodium).53 Recommending a single absolute value for potassium (or sodium) intake makes meal planning difficult for families or groups in which there is a broad range of energy requirements. It may be time to consider a linear model (such as 1.8 mg/kcal for potassium) for these nutrients (Table 3)."

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]