[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Mine was $56.63 for 160 kWh from 7/1 to 8/3, no AC but unavoidable delivery charges.

Posted by However "this heat" depends on where you are. We've only had sm on Sat, Aug 14 2021 at 09:26 AM CDT:

In Reply to: What is everyone's electric bill with this heat? posted by sm on Fri, Aug 13 2021 at 01:37 PM CDT:

2 days that broke 95 (barely) and 12 others all summer that broke 90 with no more expected from here on. I never run AC because I don't like the locked-inside-a-refrigerator feel of air-conditioned rooms. I have 2 fans running in the hot months, one always on to vent the hot air under the ceilings out a window and one as needed to send a breeze at me, plus blinds to block the sun and windows open during the cool hours and closed during the hot ones.

I prefer breezes even if warm, and find the climate here perfectly survivable without AC. But then, I don't feel the need for a fan blowing on me until it hits 80 inside. If it gets up towards 90 or above, then a frozen cooler pack inside cloth does it for me until the evening cool comes on. I think a lot has to do with what you are acclimated to. I find your husband's thermostat settings perfectly reasonable. However YMMV, and obviously it does.

As someone else said, you and your husband need to thrash this out somehow. Perhaps a fan at your desk directed at you would be enough to keep you comfortable in your 80-degree office? Or maybe one of those construction guy vests that hold cooler packs? (Costs much less to freeze a set of those than to decrease the AC setting for a whole house.)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]