[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Update: Staff did appreciate and more? sm

Posted by wwyd on Mon, Apr 19 2021 at 05:07 AM CDT:

In Reply to: Staff always appreciate thoughtful stuff like this. nm posted by Talon on Wed, Apr 07 2021 at 11:02 AM CDT:

: My timing might have been just right, too. My sister got really upset with the staff and threatened to show up with police just to get a wellness check! At one point she was told the staff didn't even know what room number father was in... Hopefully the fruit basket smoothed the way a little.

The backstory is that sister is burned out after caring for father for years and was lucky to find this bed open for him in palliative care - subacute. She was given a choice of 2 homes and the other refused to take him.

Apparently she didn't even get any kind of welcome packet, but she was told he'd be quarantined for the first 2 weeks. It's during this time she had issues because she called several times and had no luck getting anyone to give her an update on father's status, not even if he was okay.

She finally found out he'd fallen. He was okay, but she wanted them to use a bed alarm and the place refused. They said it's considered a restraint and they're not allowed to use them any more!

Then after 2 weeks, she's told visiting hours are limited now and an appointment has to be made first. Blame it on COVID-19 or state laws, she's not happy, but again caregiver sister is burned out and finally accepted he's getting all the care he needs and a lot more interaction with different people.

I'm out of state and can't do much other than send flowers and fruit and candy.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]