Mashed Potato Cakes (Makes 12 Small Cakes)
2 Cups Mashed Potatoes
1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
1 Egg, whisked
7 Tbsp All Purpose Flour, divided
Butter or Oil, for pan-searing
Accompaniments: Apple Sauce and/or Sour Cream
1. Place mashed potatoes, cheese, egg, and 3 tbsp flour in a bowl and stir to combine.
2. Take a scoop of the potato mixture and form into patties.
3. Place the remaining 4 tbsp of flour on a plate.
4. Lightly coat the potato patties in the flour.
5. Heat a thin layer of the oil or butter in a large saute pan over medium heat.
6. Cook the potato cakes for 3 minutes on each side for a total of 6 minutes.
7. Serve as is or with accompaniments.
*After step 2, place patties on a baking sheet and place in freezer for 30 minutes then place par-frozen patties in a ziploc bag and freeze up to 4 months. When ready, defrost in fridge for 24 hours and follow steps 3-7.
Post a Followup