Today I threw away the following leftovers:
General'$ Chicken
$alsbury $teak
Roa$t Pork Tendorloin
Mac & Chee$e
Roa$t Chicken
Potatoe$
Baked Bean$

The problem (aside the obvious) is nobody likes leftovers; even if I create enchiladas with the chicken and stews or soups with the leftovers, they will not get eaten and thu$, thrown in the garbage. So here's the Catch-22: Because the meal derives from a leftover meal; it's "not fresh"...that is the mindset in this house. I'm saddened by the waste but have declared to my small family that I am done making the Fred Flinstone Dinner...sorry DH...but c'mon! Waste is just waste and I am not just talking about the food. There is the time, travel to and from Publix, prep/cooking, put away leftovers..only to postpone throwing it all away after a few days.

So, I am rethinking this whole dinner thing and would love simple and healthy foods that can be cooked for 4 people at the most! We're a family of three so cooking for 4 would allow for seconds or just less waste.

Thanks for reading this vent. Being on a fixed income with dh unemployed and no more Unemployment $ coming in....I don't have it in me physically (I have MS and cannot do much on my feet anymore) to create then reacreate something out of nothing like I used to love to do. Times have certainly changed! And DH seems very disgruntled because he is out in this brutal FL heat looking for any labor work he can grab!

On another note I would just like to say the participation and awesome recipes posted here are super and I only wish I had the stamina to do the cooking, which I miss.

Jess

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]