I found this recipe in my LHJ, tried it and it came out wonderfully. I served it with arroz amarillo (yellow rice). The name comes from the fact that you shred the meat, so, old shredded clothes.
Prep: 20 min
Start to Finish: 5 hr 20 min
* 1 tbsp vegetable oil
* 1-1/2 lbs flank steak, trimmed of fat, cut into 2 pieces
* 1 large yellow onion, sliced ��-inch thick
* 1 green bell pepper, sliced ��-inch thick
* 1 red bell pepper, sliced ��-inch thick
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 28-oz can whole tomatoes
* 3 tbsp tomato paste
* 1/4 cup sofrito
* 1 tbsp sugar
* 1-1/2 tsp ground cumin
* 1 tsp dried oregano
* 1 bay leaf
* 1/2 tsp kosher salt
* Chopped cilantro
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet, Dutch oven or pot over medium-high heat. Add steak and brown well on both sides, about 5 min. Transfer to a 4-qt slow cooker if using, with all remaining ingredients except cilantro. Cook until meat is fork-tender, 10 to 12 hr on low or 5 to 6 hr on high for slow cooker or 3 hr at a simmer on the stove.
2. Remove meat; shred and return to stew. Serve with cilantro and beans if desired. Makes 6 servings.
Post a Followup