[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

One more comment-I made this yesterday. :) sm

Posted by Vicki on November 09, 2009 at 07:44:44:

In Reply to: Michelle-Do you grease your pan before putting the mixture in? Thanks. :) posted by Vicki on November 03, 2009 at 08:08:23:

I made a mistake, though...guess I didn't read your recipe carefully enough--though I had it with me at the grocery store. I missed the "frozen" shredded hash browns. LOL

So, I was thinking your recipe called for those shredded potatoes (you know, those fresh ones in the bag in the refrigerator section of the store). That's what I got--I'm pretty sure they are called "Simply Potatoes," and are in the darkish green bag. They've been around for a long time. I usually use them for "friend potatoes" on top of the stove--when I'm to lazy to slice potatoes and fry.

So, anyway...I used two bags...which is a bit over two pounds. I followed all the rest of your recipe--made them in the large blue (with white specks) oval turkey pan/roaster.

They were delicious. I think, however, that I could have gotten away with three cans of soup instead of four. I used the onion flakes, rather than fresh onion. I used Campbell's Cream of Chicken soup. I used shredded Colby Jack cheese. I didn't grease the pan (wasn't sure if you were supposed to).

Good dish--easy as pie to make. Thanks!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]