2 pans cornbread made without sugar
2 tubes of biscuits, baked according to directions
1 stick butter (not margarine)
3 celery ribs
1 large onion
Salt & Pepper
Rubbed sage
3-4 raw eggs
Chicken broth (including drippings). I use ˝ the broth I make from giblets in the turkey (the other half is for gravy) and also a couple of cans plus a basterful of drippings from the turkey roaster.

Directions: Let cornbread and biscuits sit a day after baking, then crumble together in large bowl or pan.

Chop celery ribs and onion into small pieces and sauté in stick of butter until translucent. Add to bowl with cornbread/biscuit mixture.

Beat eggs and pour over mixture.

Add broth, making sure it is not hot so it does not cook the eggs. Mixture should be very moist. SIL says mixture should be soupy, but that may be too moist for other people. Add salt, pepper, and rubbed sage to taste. (We go light on the salt because the broth and breads are usually salted) We like a LOT of sage.

We usually bake this in the roaster after we take the turkey out of the oven, because I like to “stir” it up a couple of times while baking, but you can put it in other size pans.

I set the oven at 325-350 degrees. It takes about an hour to bake in the roaster, 45 minutes in smaller pans.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]