[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

That sounds delicious and easy. I'm printing this out. Thanks Sandra...oh..I mean Char. ;o)

Posted by Hickster on February 09, 2009 at 13:19:19:

In Reply to: Pork chops pilaf - sm posted by Char (who thinks she's Sandra Lee tonight) on February 07, 2009 at 21:37:40:

: I did one of those Sandra Lee semi-homemade acts tonight. I had pork chops (4)and I had Rice-a-Roni Pilaf (2 boxes).

: I seasoned and browned the chops in butter.

: I opened both boxes of Rice Pilaf and put both boxes of rice (uncooked) in a large square baking dish (one of those corning ware ones with a lid). I evened the rice out in the baking dish and placed the chops on top of the uncooked rice. Next, I took 4 cups of water and put it in the pan I just took the browned chops from. I opened and added the two spice packets into the pan with the water and I brought that up to a boil. Then I poured that over the chops and rice, covered and put in a 375 degree oven for about 45 minutes (just check rice to see if it is fork tender and that's when it's done). It was delicious.

: You can do this with other flavors of Rice-a-Roni (I like the herb and butter) and you could even used chicken instead of pork chops. Quick, easy, and delicious.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]