My version of Pizza Hut's Creamy Chicken Alfredo Tuscani Pasta - sm

Posted by Carol Reese on February 04, 2009 at 19:52:10:

1-1/2 pounds boneless chicken breast
chicken boullion or broth
1/2 to 1 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
8 ounces rotini (or whatever pasta shape you like
1 jar Ragu Light Parmesan Alfredo sauce
8 ounces shredded mozarella

Cook chicken in boullion or broth with some pepper added until done. Cool slightly, so you can easily break it into pieces, removing any gristle.

Cook rotini as directed. If you like, strain the broth and use it with added water to cook the pasta.

Mix chicken, pasta, and sauce together. Top with mozarella. Bake at 350 degrees F until mozarella is as brown as you like.

This makes 3 dinners for my husband and myself. So, it should serve 6.

I divide it into 3 small casserole dishes (I use Pyrex 3-cup rectangular storage dishes), and freeze two for future use. The first time I did it, I just prepared half this recipe, and there was enough left over for lunch the next day. I think it would easily have fed 3 people for dinner. My goal lately is to cook enough that we get full but to have no leftovers.

I usually fix veggies to go with this, but a salad would also be good.

Pizza Hut says it feeds 4 - and it does feed DH and myself twice - and it costs $12.99. It does come with 5 breadsticks.

The sauce is usually $1.81 at my Kroger, I can get frozen boneless white meat chicken for about $2.50 a pound, so that would be $3.75. I pay 1.49 for a pound of Barilla rotini, so using half that box is 75 cents. I paid $2.99 for 16 ounces of shredded mozarella, so that's $1.50. That adds up t9 $7.80. And I know it has more chicken and will serve 6 instead of 4.

The mozarella was on sale, regular price is $4.99.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]