Venetian Apricot Chicken
1/2 cup chicken stock (broth)
1/2 cup apricot preserves
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 lb roma tomatoes, cut into 1” pieces
6 basil leaves, cut into 1/2” pieces
1 tsp garlic pepper
Salt to taste
Garlic Herb Seasoning:
3 tsp garlic pepper
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 bunch asparagus (remove bottom inch of stems)
1/2 lb broccoli florets
1Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Chopped parsley to garnish
1. COMBINE Garlic Herb Seasoning ingredients in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
2. BLEND chicken stock and apricot preserves in a sauce pan. Add salt & pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
3. COMBINE tomatoes, basil, garlic pepper and salt in a separate mixing bowl and set aside.
4. BLANCH asparagus and broccoli for 1 minute in a pot of salted boiling water. Transfer immediately to ice bath to stop cooking.
5. COAT sauté pan with 1Tbsp olive oil. While keeping ingredients separated in pan, heat cooled asparagus, broccoli and tomato mixture and until hot. Do not overcook.
6. GRILL chicken until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
7. PLACE grilled chicken on a platter next to hot broccoli and asparagus. Sprinkle Garlic Herb Seasoning on broccoli. Pour tomato mixture on top of vegetables.
8. TOP chicken breasts with apricot sauce and garnish with chopped parsley.
Post a Followup