1 stick of celery, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
3 BLSL chicken breasts, diced
2 tsp chopped parsley
S&P
1/2 loaf of stale white bread, made into crumbs
1-2 eggs, beaten
6 tsp dry breadcrumbs

Cut peppers in half lengthwise nad remove the cores and seeds. Leave the stems attached, if wished.

Melt the butter in a skillet and add the onion, celery, garlic and chicken. Cook over moderate heat until the vegetables are softened and the chicken in cooked. Add the parsley. Season w/ S&P.

Stir in the stale breadcrumbs into each pepper half, mounding the top clightly. Place the peppers in a baking dish that holds them closely together.

Pour enough water around the peppers to come about 1/2 inch up their sides. Cover, and bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for about 45 mins, or until the peppers are just tender.

Sprinkle each w/ the dried breadcrumbs and place under a preheated broiler until golden brown.

***MY NOTES***

Like meatloaf, I use whatever filler I have available; sometimes it's rice rather than breadcrumbs.

We personally like more garlic.

Sometimes I'll add a sprinkling of basil, oregano, or Italian herbal blend into the mixture.

I've been known to shred some zucchini and/or carrots into the mixture. Not much, but enough to add som'n interesting. : )

Sometimes I'll use green onion rather than a "regular" onion for a little more color.

Enjoy! : )

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]