I copied this from a WP document and apologize if it is not lined up properly...
EASY ENCHILADA CASSEROLE
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1 bag of tortilla chips/strips (I use Mission brand strips)
¼ to ½ of medium onion, diced
1 to 1-1/2 lb. ground beef
garlic salt, pepper
2 large cans of red *enchilada sauce
1 can black olives, pitted/sliced
jack and cheddar cheese grated (enough to cover the top of casserole liberally)
1. Spread one bag of tortilla chips in a 9 x 13 pan. Pour one can of enchilada sauce over tortilla chips, mixing to coat evenly. Set aside.
2. Saute onion until translucent in a bit of oil. Set aside.
3. Season (garlic salt and pepper) ground beef and brown. Drain.
4. Add onions back into ground beef. Add the second can of enchilada sauce to ground beef. Simmer on low for about five minutes.
5. Pour meat/sauce mixture evenly over tortilla chips. Add olives. Mix all thoroughly and evenly, making sure all chips are covered with sauce.
6. Cover top of casserole liberally with grated jack/cheddar cheeses.
7. Bake in 350 degree oven until cheese is bubbly and casserole is heated through.
Variations on this recipe:
Substitute left over turkey or chicken for the ground beef and then substitute green enchilada sauce for red.
You can always leave out the meat if you are serving vegetarians.
Post a Followup