[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Pizza Dough recipe for bread maker. :) sm

Posted by Estelle on January 29, 2008 at 23:43:55:

Follow directions according to bread maker. Others have done this recipe by using dough hooks on stand mixers w/ successful results, too (I haven't, so cannot give you specifics on that). : ) I like this dough b/c it doesn't seem to "spring" on me while I'm trying to shape it. Oh, and sometimes I'll flavor the dough a little dusting of some garlic powder or maybe an Italian herb/seasoning before starting machine. If I anticipate a sweet dough, then I might add some 'warm' spice such as cinnamon, nutmeg or cardamom or something that brings out the flavor of the toppings.

For small pizza dough:

1 to 1-1/4 cups of water (you'll need to start with about a cup and if the dough seems too dry, add a little more water at a time).
1 TBS of olive oil
1/2 tsp granulated sugar
1 tsp salt
2 cups unbleached white bread flour
1/2 tsp easy-blend (rapid rise) dry yeast

For two 12-inch pizzas:

1 to 1-1/3 cup of water
2 TBS olive oil
1-1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp granulated sugar
4 cups unbleached white bread flour
1 tsp easy-blend (rapid-rise) yeast.

Put ingredients into bread maker according to instructions (some say dry stuff first, most say wet stuff first) and set machine to dough.

Lightly oil baking or pizza pans. Set aside.

When the dough cycle is inished, remove dough from the machine and place it on a lightly floured surface.
Knock it back (punch it down) gently. If making the larger quantity divide the dough into two equal pieces. (I sometimes just divide the dough into 4 or 6 individual or personal sizes).

PREHEAT THE OVEN 425 degrees.

Roll out the pizza dough into rounds. Place in the prepared pan/s. Top and bake in the oven for 15-20 mins, or until golden and sizzling. :)

Enjoy! : D

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]