[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Caramel Cream Pie. sm

Posted by MichelleJ on November 23, 2007 at 16:02:49:

First, and most important, you will need to caramelize two cans of Eagle Brand milk. There are two ways to do this. Remove the labels from the cans. *DO NOT OPEN CANS* Process 1: Place cans in a deep sauce pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Keep covered with water (extremely important) and boil for 3 hours. Cool, then open when ready to use.

Process 2 (the method I use): Place unopened cans, minus labels, in a pressure cooker. Cover with water. Cook at 15 pounds of pressure for 15 minutes. Cool, and then open when ready to use.

Note: Caramelized Eagle Brand will store unopened on a shelf. No need to refrigerate, as it is unopened, so OK to make several batches of caramelized milk at once. :)

Here's the recipe. Note that it makes two pies.

Cramel Cream Pie:
2 graham cracker crust shells.
2 cans caramelized Eagle Brand milk
1 can UNcaramelized Eagle Brand milk
1 small package white chocolate Jell-O instant pudding (can use vanilla in a pinch)
2/3 cup COLD water
1 large container Cool Whip (1-1/2 cups for recipe, then reserve the rest for topping)
2 bananas

Prepare caramelized Eagle Brand milk and allow to cool.

In a large bowl, mix pudding mix, uncaramelized can of Eagle Brand milk, and the cold water. Mix for 2 minutes with mixer, scraping sides and stirring occasionally. Put in fridge and allow to set for about 5 minutes. Remove from fridge and fold in 1 to 1-1/2 cups of Cool Whip. Pour mixture evenly into the two pie shells. Put in fridge and allow to set (maybe 5-10 minutes). This forms the cream filling.

When set, remove from fridge and slice peeled banana evenly all over the top of the cream filling. Cover with 1 can of caramelized Eagle Brand milk. Repeat with second pie. Top all with remaining Cool Whip and refrigerate.

This is pie is to DIE for. I make it every year for our family reunion's auction, and last year the pies went for $30 each. LOL! It's also what family members request for me for their birthday.

Hope you all enjoy!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]