[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Italian Cream Cheese Crock Pot Chicken - from Jamie and me -

Posted by Carol Reese on October 11, 2007 at 15:38:49:

I'm typing this out as it was given to me, with parentheticl comments. I'll also copy Jamie's and my posts afterward.

4-8 chicken breasts (Jamie said 4-6)
1/4 c. butter or margarine
1/2 onion, chopped
1 "Good Seasons" Italian seasoning packet (0.7 oz)
1 can cream of mushroom soup (Jamies said or cream of chicken. I'll add that cream of celery would probably be good, too.)
8 oz. cream cheese

In Crock-pot: Layer part of butter, cut in tiny squares, with part of chopped onion and a sprinkle of seasoning. Add or put down two chicken breasts and season in same order - butter, onion, seasoning. Repeat layering until all chicken is layered and seasoned. Cover and cook on HI for 3 hours for on LOW for 5 hours. (Jamie said 4-6 hours on low. It also sounded like she melted the butter and drizzled it on last, and I think that would be easier.)

On Stove-Top: Warm cream soup and cream cheese until smooth. Pour in crockput at end of above cooking time and mix gently throughout. COver and cook 1 more hour on LOW.

Serve chicken breast for meat portion and use sauce over rice.

Jamie's Post
I do 4-6 chicken breasts at a time for a single recipe. Just put the chicken in the crockpot and then sprinkle a package of Italian dressing seasoning over the top and drizzle with 1/2 stick butter or margarine. Let it cook for 4-6 hours on low. When it's cooked, you mix one 8-ounce cream cheese and a can of cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup and pour over it, then cook it for another hour or so. It's delicious over rice or noodles, and so moist it just falls apart.

My Post:
However, we find that if there are more than 2 or 3 people eating, we want more of the sauce, so often double the cream cheese and soup.

DH says the Zesty Italian is better than the regular, and when we double the soup and cream cheese, it definitely gives more flavor.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]