[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Sesame Street Cookies

Posted by Carol Reese on October 05, 2007 at 16:36:49:

GOt this actually unnamed recipe from Sesame Street Magazine circa 1970-72, which is why we call them Sesame Street COokies. Very kid friendly to mix.

Sesame Street Cookies

1/2 cup flour (unsifted)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup oil
3 Tablespoons water
1 egg
1 cup borwn sugar (packed)
1-1/2 cups oatmeal
1/2 cup raisins (optional)

Optional: nuts, chocolate chips, other dried fruit, up to about a cup total.

Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add wet ingredients. Add sugar and mix. Add oatmeal and mix. Add raisins and/or nuts, chocolate chipss, whatever else like that you want.

Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on a Ggeased a cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 F for 10-12 minutes.

Makes about 3 to 4 dozen.

NOTE: The cookie sheet MUST be greased. If you foil on your cookie sheet, you MUST grease that. These stick badly if don't grease the surface. Pam or a similar cooking oil spray works fine. If you reuse a sheet, regrease it.

My baking hint - I ALWAYS line my cookie sheets with foil, whether I"m baking cookies or bread or anything. I HATE scrubbing that golden-looking baked on oil/grease off anything, especially the cookies sheets because they're so big and awkward to handle in the sink. I just toss the foil when I'm done.

I recently got some of that new "Release" foil form Reynolds with the nonstick surface. We've used it for biscuits, but I've not tried it for anything else. It MIGHT work for these cookies.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]