[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Homemade Hot Cocoa recipe.

Posted by Estelle on September 25, 2007 at 12:25:09:

HOT COCOA

2 cups of powdered sugar *
1 cup of cocoa (Dutch-process preferred)
2-1/2 cups of powdered milk (THAT is the "creaminess" that replaces the creamer in most prepared hot chocolate)
1 tsp salt
2 teaspoon of corn starch
(corn starch is not processed as HFCS, so not so bad; this is needed for smoothness)
1 pinch of cayenne, or more to taste (trust me, it makes the taste of chocolate a little more intense!)

I also add a little pinch of cinnamon, too; it's another ingredient that makes the taste of chocolate just a little more intense!

Combine and sift all these ingredients together and put in an airtight container. Makes about 5-1/2 cups of mix.

To make the hot chocolate~~
Fill your mug half full with the mixture and pour in the hot water (or warm milk, as preferred). Stir together, add marshmallows or other goodies, and enjoy! :)

NOTE: This makes a PERFECT gift that can be made well in advance, and it basically lasts "forever" (lol, yeah, right! ;) )

*(if you'd prefer Splenda, I believe you can use the same amount, if not a little less, in place of the powdered sugar; to have the same consistency as powdered sugar, put it in the blender/food processor for a few seconds to ground finer).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]