[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Sounds great!! THANKS!! I'd use bulk sausage, too. nm

Posted by Can't wait to do this for an upcoming reunion pot luck, too!! YUM on April 25, 2007 at 20:40:49:

In Reply to: Crock-pot lasagna posted by Hickster on April 25, 2007 at 17:56:37:

: I got this from a fellow MT (Happymom) on another board. It's really good. I like to use sausage instead of hamburger (family preference) but otherwise follow the recipe to a T.

: 1 pound ground beef
: 1 large onion, chopped
: 2 garlic cloves, minced
: 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
: 1 cup water
: 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
: 1 teaspoon salt
: 1 teaspoon dried oregano
: 1 package (8 ounces no-cook lasagna noodles)
: 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
: 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) small-curd cottage cheese
: 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

: IN a skillet, cook beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, water, tomato paste, salt and oregano; mix well. Spread a fourth of the meat sauce in an ungreased 5-qt crock pot. Arrange a third of the noodles over sauce (break the noodles if necessary). Combine the cheeses; spoon a third of the mixture over noodles. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining meat sauce. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until noodles are tender. yield: 6 to 8 servings.

: Cooks notes: The meat sauce is runny at first but thickens as you cook it. I usually only end up cooking this one about 3 hours. That is about the time I check on the noodles and see if they seem tender.

:
: enjoy!!!!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]