[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

You have your reasons to believe what you believe, as do I. sm

Posted by Estelle on August 30, 2011 at 14:29:00:

In Reply to: Thanks for your comments (sm) posted by Shawn on August 30, 2011 at 13:49:23:

I DID address the last part, tho I readily admit unsatisfactorily. There are no words to "justify" the atrocities (including the Spanish Inquisition, the Crusades, the Holocaust, all manner of American battles, etc) done in the name of God/Jesus/Christianity to believers NOR nonbelievers in the faith. You missed my secondary post, which was when I accidently hit enter b/f I was ready.

You can say what you want of my faith, it certainly doesn't change what I feel or believe. I've been down the secular road before, and I haven't bought from those market stands any more than you've bought from mine.

There is lots we will never know while we're here on this earth. History seems to teach us from a rear-view mirror. Just because we can't adequately address things doesn't mean that we don't think about it or that we ignore it--I do take offense at that assumption, you know me better than that. Sometimes it's truly best to stay quiet about what you don't really know. I speak of what I personally do know (my transformation into the person I've become today), whether you believe it or not is not really my concern, it can't be. Whatever your spiritual issues are is truly between you and God, by whatever name you call him.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]