[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Thanks for your comments (sm)

Posted by Shawn on August 30, 2011 at 13:49:23:

In Reply to: Okay, I won't. But you know where to find me if you ever find yourself wanting to know. :) nm posted by Estelle on August 30, 2011 at 09:24:40:

but I note that you passed on addressing the last part there, you seem to have ignored that completely.

And I must wonder what the how-many-million Jews would have to say about God's protection, but hey, they can't, because they're not here any more since that holocaust thing....

Your conclusions about the Hebrew people and their conquests come from the story that's being told. A more secular education might give you a different perspective, something more accurate than a "Hey, we lost this one because there's sin in the camp."

So, tell us, what did the Jews do to deserve the Holocaust? (knowing it's not about deserving) Where was God's protection then? (And yes, I know all about Corrie Ten Boom and The Hiding Place, etc...)

I don't believe being a Christian makes a person a better person. There are too many of us who have been the victims of a Christian's "betterness" and I sure as hell don't buy the "God isn't finished with me yet" nonsense. It seems to me that the onus should be on the recipient of that person's goodness to let them know how much the good person has improved since they got, umm, saved. LOL!!!

We're all flawed and we all have successes and failures and have much room for improvement. I believe that the degree to which we grow as a person does not depend on our religious belief or in what/who we put our faith.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]