[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

I agree w/the notion of 'pseudorumination,' but give kudos to Estelle

Posted by for holding up her end of the convo. Interesting. :+) Shawn on April 26, 2011 at 14:55:11:

In Reply to: Another quick link. s/l posted by Estelle on April 26, 2011 at 11:00:40:

: : Context and perspective have a great deal to do with reconciling many of these controversial Scriptures. Finding the intended audience, finding the intended purpose, understanding the intended time/age, figuring out style of the writer, etc, play huge roles in determining what is said in any given verse or passage. I did see that your article already discounts "context" as a major tool used in reconciling many of these issues, and that is fine. Skeptics already believe we do Scriptural gymnastics in many of these cases, anyway; but for those of us who believe such, God does not make mistakes. Whatever true mistakes exist in the Bible are human in nature only, and those are super rare...mainly copyist or typesetter errors. Even then, those kinds of errors do not affect my belief in any way.

: : I have enclosed a link that answers many apparent discrepancies, most of them reconciled the way I've understood them.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]