[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

We were talking about this the other day (sm)

Posted by Shawn on April 21, 2011 at 13:14:51:

In Reply to: Something else I've finally learned is that you're not going to learn any thing until sm posted by Estelle on April 20, 2011 at 08:06:53:

the readiness and capacity for learning, and there is a point when everything is just so, physiologically, environmentally, the stimuli is there and the brain function is at capacity to take it all in and process. My Montessori experience (teaching at, as well as ownership of a Montessori school) gave me a ring-side seat from which to observe the wonder of that. Great fun.

For me, personally, it's not a matter of looking at these issues to prove or disprove something, and it's not a matter of spiritual or intellectual importance-- it's just interesting to one degree or another. I like having the freedom from every little thing being a burning issue upon which belief (or the lack thereof) depends, YKWIM? There's a lot to be said for being past all that-- knowing what one believes in the heart and mind, ownership of that, not being subject to what someone else is teaching or preaching at one. But that doesn't keep me from snatching up something I find fascinating and putting it out there to kick around with my friends, LOL.

Liberation! :+)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]