[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

One thing's true- there's always more to learn, lol. I like that

Posted by about life. Shawn on April 19, 2011 at 22:10:21:

In Reply to: As someone who took Latin in high school, I DID notice the odd posted by Estelle on April 19, 2011 at 09:40:15:

: placement of the single Latin-based word in the midst of Hebrew.

: I don't know about this earthly Babylonian king this article is supposedly referring to, but it DOES make sense to put the characteristics of Satan, if only from Christian perspective, into this description of "heylel", which is derived from "halal". ((I'm sorry, but I have no clue how to put character marks on letters)) The "characteristics" of Satan fits more w/ "halal" than "heylel", although Satan was "physically" perceived to be an angel of light before his fall ("heylel").

: heylel: from halal in the sense of brightness; the morning star.

: halal: a primitive root; to be clear (orig. of sound, but usually of color); to shine; hence, to make show, to boast, and thus to be (clamorously) foolish; to rave; causat. to celebrate; also to stultify: -- (make) boast (self); celebrate, commend (deal, make), fool (-ish, -ly), glory, give light], be (make, feign self) mad (against), give in marriage, [sing, be worthy of] praise, rage, renowned, shine.

: It's an interesting study, that's for sure. : ) For me, tho, whether I can spiritually reconcile these "issues" or not is not that important. I believe God is King of thinking outside the human box, and I believe that He has a reason for this seeming unusual wording. I may not have "ears to hear" or "eyes to see" at this moment to discern what is going on here.
: I will say that I am wary to just take the word that this is an earthly king that Lucifer is referring to. It may be true, it may not be true. If it's important to my spiritual well-being, then I know that God will reveal it to me in confirmation.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]