[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

This is so incredibly sad. sm

Posted by Estelle on March 24, 2011 at 09:49:46:

In Reply to: 30 days of advocacy against witch-hunts - March 29 to April 27 posted by Damon Leff on March 23, 2011 at 02:07:50:

Looking back on our European and early American history of witch hunts, trials, and deaths, I can't help but believe a great deal of those cases was a sore lack of some understanding and appreciation of God-given gifts, this is especially true in fear-based populations. I do believe witchcraft exists and I believe it is wrong~~not anything Christians should participate in/with, but I don't believe it is as broad as generally described, especially through fear-ravaged communities.
Some people are simply gifted with an understanding unique to their community. Others who are "deformed" are created by God just as any other healthy person, just with a purpose that people don't always understand~~remember the blind man who became able to see? The Jews of the day asked Jesus who sinned to make this man blind, and Jesus said it was not sin that caused the blindness, but a means of God showing His glory?
I cringe when I see Christians (today) justify physically killing a witch based on Scriptures. Especially in this age of grace, I don't believe we are to physically kill professing/confessing witches. I believe it is the SPIRIT of witchcraft that we should seek to destroy~~for we war (wrestle) not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against rulers of darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12. I know some Christians who were delivered from the spirit of witchcraft, as others who were delivered from other works of the flesh. (Galations 5:19-21)

Praying that a spirit of discernment comes over this community, and that these murders are stopped, and yes, that the true Gospel of the Lord be preached to them in a way that they can rightly divide the word of truth.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]