[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

LOL! I grok this.

Posted by nm on February 02, 2011 at 11:44:17:

In Reply to: Yes, our ways relate to reality nm posted by SGTex on February 02, 2011 at 00:25:52:

: : : I guess of any faith?

: : : I've seen stories in the news. Let's say a tornado strikes a town. A man survived and the one thing he said struck me as odd. "God was looking out for me." In the meantime, a lot of others were killed, including a pastor. What happened there? Did God quit looking out for the others?

: : : I see people asking for prayers for themselves or for loved ones who are sick and dying. What happens when these people die anyway? Did God not answer their prayers?

: : : Another thing I saw was last night. It was on a friends board and this woman allowed her daughter to get her hair colored and added a few streaks. The woman said her husband came home, threw a fit and left, saying "He wants the world to know that it was my poor decision to do so and not his. He feels betrayed and I feel like I hurt my best friend. So there it is." When I shared my feelings on the situation, her response to me was, "he was raised in a strict conservative religious family." Does this mean God wants men to treat their wives like dirt?

: : : Another friend asked for prayers for her husband and son, who both had the flu. The flu runs its course and I'm not sure how prayers will help that process any more than taking meds for it.

: : : I just don't understand a lot of it. I went to a Methodist church as a youngster and never did pursue anything later in life. I'm not sure what my beliefs would be, to be honest. It's not that I don't want to believe, but these things that I see make me wonder.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]