[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

(to the original poster who asked the question)

Posted by nm on February 01, 2011 at 20:30:06:

In Reply to: I answered your questions much less tentatively and posted by more succinctly on notsopolitivus. where you posted this same post. on January 31, 2011 at 22:56:37:

: : I'd say some of the quandaries you cite favor an interpretation that the "personal" God-concept of many traditional religions does not hold up very well. Word from the skeptics is, logically He is either not all that omnipotent/omniscient or He is not very loving; that he either permits atrocious outcomes or "can't" help in the way we might like. The attempts of theologians to clear this up invoke "Free Will," i.e., it is the fault of humans, their rebellion as Adam and Eve having resulted in the "Fall." God's "justice" beyond our poor understanding and we will understand after we are dead. I thus recommend Buddhism and believe in a relatively impersonal system of cause and effect (karma) whereby a practice of faith can transform one's destiny, and the goal is to change the world into a safer and happier place to be reborn into.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]