[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Saying a prayer for you right now. sm

Posted by Estelle on January 22, 2011 at 22:51:38:

In Reply to: I'm just really in a dark place right now and could use prayers (I guess) ... sm posted by Anon on January 18, 2011 at 02:34:08:

IF you are looking for Biblical help, you might read the Psalms. MANY of the Psalms reflect David's anxieties, fears, anger, sense of abandonment, etc at the beginning...a kind of thought war w/ God sometimes...however, by the time you reach the end of the Psalm he ends up praising God for who He is, what He has already done, and can and will do again.
There are many instances in the Bible in which people are at their lowest and darkest hours, but they discover later that this is a time of rest while God does something behind the scenes. The widow was preparing to bake off the last of the meal and oil into the last cake w/ her son before death, but God prepared Jeremiah to be with her and miraculously kept her oil and flour replenished long after he was gone so that she could sell it. Her son also died but Jeremiah brought him back to life again. Paul and Silas settled down and was prepared to remain in jail for some time, but they also decided to sing praises to the Lord, and the angels opened the doors of the jail, freeing them. You don't see God's workings in your anguish until you find yourself breaking free. As trite as this sounds, I encourage you to keep trusting in the Lord. Think of the various Footprint poems, in which you look back, adn when things were going well, there were 2 sets of prints, but during the trying times, there is only 1 set of prints...Jesus answered and said, "When you see 1 set of prints, during your times of trouble, it was THEN that I carried you."
I pray that you are able to recover from your dark moments soon. In the meantime, I hope a hug helps.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]