[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

I certainly didn't mean to make light of my answer above. sm

Posted by Estelle on December 14, 2010 at 22:40:02:

In Reply to: I think sometimes people think I post just to try to start conversation. sm posted by Frankie on December 11, 2010 at 13:23:47:

Blending elements of other faiths (doctrine or worship) into or with Christianity (as I believe it) would essentially be heretical to me. It's no different than how most of the religious Jews see Christians. To me, the Bible defines who Jesus is and how to worship Him, and to take that and mix it into or with something else simply would not work with me personally. I personally believe you're basically creating (preaching) a "new Jesus", a "new doctrine" and my conscience can't allow me to consider those options within my core beliefs. I will talk about it in theory with you all day long, but I cannot offer any personal experience regarding this venture, and it's not a venture I'm personally willing to explore.

It's possible and likely you believe that I am limiting myself (or God) this way. I don't see it that way at all. I believe God has His boundaries within me, and yet I still experience amazing hope and peace, and I am free to express my faith in a way that I'm convicted pleases God w/o attempting to bound another's worship to Him.

I believe there is healing, I believe there is peace, I believe there is prosperity, I believe there are spiritual gifts, I believe there are common ties within the core of spiritual humanity. I personally believe they're all tied to the one and the same God, even tho many do not recognize Him.

Okay, Miss Tangent probably veered completely way from the topic....what else is new. : } Hope something of THIS made sense to you even if you can't apply it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]