[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Being a "pillar." sm

Posted by Frankie on December 09, 2010 at 04:58:30:

Reference: "Rev. 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a PILLAR in the temple of my God, and he shall GO NO MORE OUT: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name."

As I was meditating/journaling this morning (I often use journaling as a meditative thing, to communicate with the subconscious), I had the above scripture come to mind, about how the overcomer will be made a pillar in the Temple of the Father.

A pillar is made to withstand the pressure of holding up the structure of the temple without buckling. It must be able to sustain great pressure in concert with the other pillars hold up the Temple. Pillars aren't the focus of awe and wonder to those that visit the temple. The God of the temple is the focus of the awe and wonder in the temple, not the structure itself, at least in an idealized situation.

I am not good at taking pressure. Being a devout Sagittarian, I love my freedom, and I will do almost anything and run from most any situation that might keep me from my freedom. Notice the scripture above says the overcomer will be a pillar in the temple of God and "GO NO MORE OUT." That is a panic attack waiting to happen for me--yet, that is exactly what is calling, and to reach enlightenment, we have to be able to take the place of a pillar, pressure and all, and hold up the structure so that spiritual life can thrive within the structure we support.

I see the call, but I fear it because I know that I am not able to take that type of pressure--the pressure of being there for others and giving up my personal agenda (that is so geared to my own ego and agenda) in order to supply much needed support for a purpose that is not my own.

When I was 17, I heard a voice on the wind while I was praying out in the fields. The voice, though not audible, was everywhere. The voice asked me, "Do you want to be a vessel unto My honor?" Being way in the back fields, I jumped up and down and said, "Yes! Yes! I do!" Then I heard the voice on the wind say, "Do you know the price?" I told the voice on the wind that I did not care about the price--I wanted to be that vessel.

It has been all downhill from there... and now that I am 56YO, I am just beginning to understand what that last question meant.

I am posting the lyrics to a song and a video here. This song speaks very deeply to me. Look at the words as you listen. It is magnificent.

"The Voice"

I hear your voice on the wind
And I hear you call out my name

"Listen, my child," you say to me
"I am the voice of your history
Be not afraid, come follow me
Answer my call, and I'll set you free"

I am the voice in the wind and the pouring rain
I am the voice of your hunger and pain
I am the voice that always is calling you
I am the voice, I will remain

I am the voice in the fields when the summer's gone