[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

There ARE things in common in the wide scope of religion and religious writings. sm

Posted by Estelle on December 02, 2010 at 09:31:37:

In Reply to: Okay, I see, and don't actually disagree with you to a (sm) posted by Shawn on November 30, 2010 at 22:58:46:

To me, one of the most awesome passages that answers the "what if they don't know" question is in Romans 1. I believe there are some godly people who are not intellectually aware that they are worshipping God. Plus, we see Paul interacting with the Greeks, telling them about the "unknown god" amongst the other gods they worshipped.

I do believe that the KJ bible IS the pure inspired Word of God in the English language (no surprise there, lol) that happens to be written by chosen men over time and translated by chosen men of God through King James 1 [remembering that God sometimes uses the most base and foolish means (according to human reasoning/logic) to get His purpose accomplished]. That is why it's my foremost authority when answering "what saith the Scripture?" Unfortunately, what mankind can do w/ it through misinterpretation and misapplication is rather astonishing sometimes. : ( I believe that the words are still there and not lost, but we need to get back to thinking like God before we can see some of it again.
When my former church did a bible comparison study, it was amazing how even the littlest tweaks can change the meaning of any given passage, let alone the additions and removal of things.
((going off onto another tangent, I know, lol...what else is new? ; ) ))

This was a neat discussion. Thanks. : )

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]