[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Well, you know what they call the doctor who graduated last in his class,

Posted by doncha? R sm on December 01, 2010 at 00:37:02:

In Reply to: I can understand what you're saying here, I think (sm) posted by Shawn ( a bit of a rant) on November 30, 2010 at 22:45:35:

They call him Doctor.

(this is in response to: Do you even KNOW where your pastor or teacher got his/her education? What sort of professors taught them? Were they solid and did they believe what you believe? What sort of "grades" were earned...blah, blah, blah....??)

Anyway, again, to me the "truth" is not necessarily something we will ever know, nor do we need to. I know there is a force that keeps everything in place and there is a certain order to things. How or why? I don't care. It just "IS."

I don't believe in an afterlife.

In a very simplified version, what I believe is:

I do believe there are certain things we must do in this life, i.e., take care of each other, don't cause harm to one another (you know, things like don't kill, don't steal - the whole 10 commandmant thing - one does NOT, IMO, need to believe in a god in order to be a moral, decent human being), try to leave the world a better place than when you came to it, educate your children, etc.

What I do here and now and leave behind to those who go after me is the eternity that was passed down to me. Whether I pass down something good or bad is up to me, but it is part of the "chain" of eternity that started from the beinning of man and will continue. I have a part in that.

And heck, I've been up since 2 am, so I'm babbling here.

But whether or not there is any other "truth," I don't know, and frankly, I really don't care.

I just know that we are all in this together and there are certain obligations that go with that.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]