[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Okay, after rereading my post... sm

Posted by Estelle on November 30, 2010 at 22:59:44:

In Reply to: I think the problem is that you (and others) and I (and still others) do not agree w/ posted by Estelle on November 30, 2010 at 01:20:31:

~~knowledge base~~ I'm speaking specifically of the Bible in this case. I thought I was referring to source of knowledge, tho this can somewhat apply here as well.
(been trying to wrassle with Internet and trying to remember stuff b/f getting cut off yet again!)

~~equation~~ I'm speaking specifically about the "whys" and reasonings behind God's "behavior" (for lack of better term here). God has built-in consequences for sin in varying degrees, and sometimes it seems like judgment is harsher (to mankind's pov) than necessary, other times mercy is offered when it seems like God should throw the book at 'em. There are answers to all (most, anyway) the "whys" of God, but most times we don't like the answers b/c they don't "make sense" to us. In our inconsistency, we often can't see God's consistency.

~~many of those answers often get misinterpreted and practiced away from God's Will~~
I'm saying that sometimes we are trying to play judge and jury on our fellow man when we do not understand more than what is immediately going on from the Bible (well, in the Bible it was done this way...never mind that later in the Bible things might've been handled differently or Jesus spiritually expounded on what Moses literally wrote). The Bible is not a work solely about God, but man and his interactions w/ God...the good, the bad, the ugly.
Some barbaric practices that are demonstrated in the Bible are not always applicable today, but some overzealous Christians may justify those actions "because its in the Bible." Most of these people are not rightly dividing the word of truth. Many practices that seem ordained of God had a specific purpose that does not transfer to another time, another people, another society, etc. The will of God is not to kill others or harm others for the sake of self advancement, never has been.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]