[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Okay, I see, and don't actually disagree with you to a (sm)

Posted by Shawn on November 30, 2010 at 22:58:46:

In Reply to: Re: LOL, I'm not always good w/ words... : } ((round 2! >: / )) sm posted by Estelle on November 30, 2010 at 22:21:28:

certain degree. I believe that there are other texts which serve their cultures and provide spiritual "authority" and have just as much value, should all be respected and handled with care--meaning, being careful to not misinterpret or misapply.

I also believe that there are unwritten teachings handed down that serve that purpose.

I've never felt the Bible is senseless or useless. I absolutely loved memorizing pages and pages of the KJV, learned the Westminster Catechism as a child and still cherish my favorite passages of Biblical scripture. There's nothing that is not good about the Bible. However, I realize that much of what is quoted today has been laundered and changed and some of it lost to us forever. We must be careful to not misapply the words there by pulling them out of their context, culturally-speaking, and attempt to stretch them to fit today's world in such a way as to actually lose or distort what was being said. I've said all this before-- I don't need to repeat myself.

And, btw, I think you do a fine job with words ;+).

See more ranting below under Rachael's post....

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]