[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: LOL, I'm not always good w/ words... : } ((round 2! >: / )) sm

Posted by Estelle on November 30, 2010 at 22:21:28:

In Reply to: LOL, I'm not always good w/ words... : } posted by Estelle on November 30, 2010 at 21:44:35:

What I mean by knowledge base is that the Bible is my main center of whatever knowledge I have or want to have. I have other knowledge sources, but the Bible and all that it upholds is my center for the way I think and believe. Your knowledge base seems almost completely independent of the Bible, relying more heavily on science and experience, and to me that explains why we see some things so differently. There was a time in my life in which the Bible was just a book, and a senseless one, at that. However, I have found that I was observing the Bible from outside looking in and trying to apply limited human intellect to something that was far greater than any one of us could ever begin to imagine. I used to try to make the Bible submit to my way of thinking, and it would frustrate me when stuff didn't make sense, and then I figured there was something wrong with the Bible (it couldn't be ME, after all!), scoff at it, and go on about my day.
However, since becoming a Christian, I have let my knowledge be changed by the Bible, and I am finding that the knowledge I have learned from the Bible has a way of making the world I live in finally make sense from an inward standpoint going out, rather than an outward standpoint trying to make it fit in. I may not be making sense here, but I know what I'm trying to say. : }
For the most part, whatever I don't understand or can't answer doesn't bother me at all (except when I'm trying to answer someone else!). There have been very few times in which I didn't gain an understanding about any issues personal to me within a short amount of time.

I gotta open that post about "equation" "practicing God's Will" and the other words you're asking about. That's the only drawback about removing previous post when making a new one, lol. ; }

I just know that we see things rather differently, not always arriving at different conclusions, but sometimes that's the case.

I firmly believe that God is capable of relating His story as He sees fit in the Bible. I DO firmly believe that God authored the Bible through scribes over time. I believe that certain things have been revealed over time even though the concepts have been there all along. I believe there is something to the warning of "rightly dividing the word of truth." I believe there is a purpose to every thing written in the Bible, including personality and physical attributes, whether we understand it now or not.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]