[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

LOL, I'm not always good w/ words... : }

Posted by Estelle on November 30, 2010 at 21:44:35:

In Reply to: Hi, Estelle. I'm a bit vague on what you mean by (sm) posted by Shawn on November 30, 2010 at 13:50:48:

: several words/phrases, so perhaps you could clarify to help me understand better:

: -knowledge base-
: -equation-
: -answers....?practiced? away from God's will-

: I feel that man has put personality and physical attributes on what is called God (in the Bible) in order to attempt to grasp what is bigger and greater than himself. Story-telling has been used through the ages to illustrate what is difficult to illustrate-- a good "mind-wrapping" technique. The Bible is the product of that, IMO. As are other written holy books. That is why every society will have similar stories- a theme running through the pre-recorded and recorded history since ancient times. Many similarities, yet some different. We as humans have a tendency to connect with something bigger than ourselves. As you say, we are spiritual people.

: I'd like some answers outside the Bible, and there are many. The sciences provide us with answers, for instance. Much of what we know can be corroborated by Biblical and other scriptures, and some of it cannot.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]