[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

You have all heard me say this before, but

Posted by Rachael sm on November 30, 2010 at 19:12:05:

In Reply to: Hi, Estelle. I'm a bit vague on what you mean by (sm) posted by Shawn on November 30, 2010 at 13:50:48:

I totally agree with you Shawn. I don't have a problem with "God" so much, but yes, giving God physical attributes to me is an abomination and totally diminishes the hugeness, vastness, and immensity (is that a word) of an all encompassing "force" (for lack of a better word) that is the "spirit" of what I believe is, as some might call it, God.

And to me, and I know I'm gonna get in big trouble here, the idea of taking that and putting it in a "box" of a man (Jesus) is just awful. I understand the idea of needing to because we are "men" (as in humanity) so a human figure is easier to relate to, but I have more trouble relating to a flesh-n-blood idea of what is to me, God, just totally diminishes the entire awesomeness.

Of course, I realize that is the very thing that makes it so awesome to those who believe otherwise, but well, I relate fine to the "spirit" and "force" of what I know as "God" and am (sorry to say) repulsed at the need to put it in a box of a man to try to understand it.

There are some things that just don't need to be understood. And I'm fine with accepting that.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]