[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Granny, I hope you come here and see this, because

Posted by I owe you an apology and a huge thank you Rachael sm on November 28, 2010 at 20:59:57:

I am crying tears of joy right now. You were so right about the baby.

My son just texted about how Carmen just tried to crawl but went backwards. He is so thrilled and happy. I spent Thanksgiving with them and he is such a good dad. He loves her so much. I've never seen him so happy. He is mesmerized by every little thing she does.

I'm sorry I didn't believe you, but you have no idea how bad things were. He was a fricken heroin addict.

He just celebrated 6 months clean and sober last week. He has celebrated that before, even longer, but to be honest, I don't know that he ever really was entirely clean and sober. But I know he is this time. I can see it. And I can hear it. And I can feel it.

I asked him if he remembered when we were on a bowling league together. He said "Hahahaha yes, I remember that. That was some of the most fun I ever had, litterally, and I love you too momma:-)" He didn't call me mom.

I really feel like I have my son back. I really feel like that little baby is such a miracle. The situation was so bad, I didn't think it could possibly turn out good. But he is once again the kid I used to know and growing into the man I always knew/hoped he could be.

I know it is going to be rough ahead. They are struggling now as it is. And I don't know that he can't fall back.

But for now, what seemed like the worst thing that could ever happen has turned out to be the best.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]