[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Yes about Saul. However, I'm not finding the passage I was looking for in which

Posted by Estelle on November 27, 2010 at 22:14:40:

In Reply to: Wait a minute. Wasn't there something about Paul in the Bible (Saul, at that point) sm posted by Shawn on November 27, 2010 at 20:10:55:

Paul described his audience and blending in with them accordingly in order to preach the Gospel. Not enough time to look at the moment.

My problem with Frankie pretending to believe in Jesus as some Christians do (even when he does not) to fit in is that I'm concerned it will backfire on him if he's not aware of who he's addressing. If he's addressing the likes of us fundies with "a different Jesus" (the Jesus described other than as the Gospel), then he runs the risk of unnecessary fire/brimstone confrontations as I have experienced. It makes for some really hard feelings, to tell the truth.

Also, Philippians 1:16-18 indicates that whether in pretense or in truth, if the Gospel is preached, Paul is pleased that it IS being preached...it makes no difference to him. The fact that Frankie cannot reconcile historical Jesus to the Gospel Jesus can cause a potential problem if he pretends to believe in the Gospel Jesus and he does not.
I agree that he needs to be careful to whom and to what degree he reveals his beliefs among Christians. If it was me, I'd rather find something else for common ground and tread carefully in the areas of defining Jesus among professing Christians. If he gets a spiritual sense that he can reveal his thoughts to someone, then go from there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]