[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Frankie, no matter what situation you find yourself, you must be true to yourself. sm

Posted by Estelle on November 27, 2010 at 18:44:41:

In Reply to: I am grappling with a controversy right now concerning "Jesus." sm posted by Frankie on November 26, 2010 at 01:48:50:

This is a rather simple question with rather complex answers, lol.
Short answer: don't pretend what you don't believe, especially for the sake of fitting in~~it will eventually come out, especially if other Christians are able to discern that you're not really a fellow believer. Be true to yourself, be comfortable with yourself, let the rest of the world be what it may.

No one can stop you from pretending you believe in a Jesus you don't believe truly exists in the way He supposedly existed. ((lol, don't ask me to repeat that! lol)) However, I don't believe it is adviseable to do so...I tried that and failed miserably before I finally received Jesus as my Lord and Savior. I tried to believe in Jesus on my terms and it just didn't work b/c I did not trust him before. It was no wonder I irritated people around me who did profess to be Christians. I was (understandably now) a hypocrite in their eyes.

To use an example, Paul was who he needed to be toward the audience he engaged (as in occupation, position in life, education, etc), but he was already established in his belief in Jesus Christ. His faith was personal and already established in his heart. However, his outside influence is what he adjusted as necessary to "fit in" for the express purpose of spreading the Gospel.

Faith in Jesus does not come from mere words spoken by a person, read from a book (even the Bible), and definitely not from someone trying to make or force you believe in Jesus as the Christ. It just doesn't happen that way. The Bible tells us in John 1:10-13:
He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
He came unto his own, but his own
received him not.
But as many as
received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Which were born
, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

As far as I'm concerned, and as I personally believe, the best way to know who Jesus is would be to read about him in His very Word. The printed Word gives way to leading your spirit to receive the spoken Word behind the printed Word. (Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing, by the Word of God = Faith cometh by hearing the Word of God).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]