[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

I'd like to say one more thing....(sm)

Posted by Shawn on November 27, 2010 at 14:07:33:

In Reply to: To me, that is so very cool, Rachael--something to aspire to. sm posted by Frankie on November 27, 2010 at 06:00:48:

There's an aspect of changing your perspective in order to better understand, to get the other person's POV, looking at other sides of a situation.

Example: When I met SGTex on the MTDaily Religion board, right off the bat I was extremely impressed with what he had to say about various things. I paid close attention, and in order to see where he was coming from on various issues, in order to see how real HE was, how solid and grounded in his beliefs he was, I leaned waaay over to the right and took on the more conservative, fundamentalist position on subjects. Boyhowdy, we had a good time. I'd push the envelope, and dang if he wouldn't push it right back at me, sometimes off the table....get what I mean? Every. single. time. I found that we were in agreement on this or that or the other, and that is what actually gave me a sense of who he was and what he was about. I couldn't help but trust and respect him. And now it's 5+ years later, and here I am....

Ya just never know.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]