[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

I'm really sorry he reacted this way, especially knowing how much you and your daughter

Posted by Estelle on November 01, 2010 at 09:21:26:

In Reply to: Just a vent ... sm posted by Easyrider on October 31, 2010 at 13:57:46:

were looking so forward to this event.

Reading your subsequent posts, it does seem like it's more of a control issue rather than a spiritual issue for him.

Of the fall festivals I've attended here, the focus is on having fun and enjoying carnival-like games and having a giant costume party. Witnessing is not imposed at this time. One of the things I like about the fall festivals I've seen is that most people are dressed in fun costumes, not horror and gore. I would think your son-in-law would appreciate exposing his children to mild costumes rather than the gross ones that typically come out later at night.

Did he ever answer you or your daughter specifically what his objections were to taking his children/your grandchildren to the fall festival? As much as I dislike Halloween, this IS a holiday tradition that is potentially fun, especially for children.
This is starting to sound like personal digs against you, which is extremely unfortunate for him.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]