[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Thanks for your kind words, both of you ... sm

Posted by Easyrider on October 31, 2010 at 19:36:05:

In Reply to: Just a vent ... sm posted by Easyrider on October 31, 2010 at 13:57:46:

I had to get out of the house for a while, and after giving it some thought, I'm not so sure it's about my church. It may just be his control issues making him act like that. Seems like any time DD wants to leave the house for enjoyment of any kind, he finds some reason for her to not go or, if she does, she must be punished. For example, she received a call from a teacher last week and ended up volunteering at her DD's fall festival at school last Thursday night. (This DD is with 1st husband.) So she and that DD went, but he kept the other kids at home. I don't know why they didn't all go. At any rate, when she got home, he had done absolutely nothing with the kids (no supper, no baths, nothing). This was her punishment for leaving the house and having fun with her DD. How dare she enjoy life outside this house. She can't see it now, but I can see it so clearly. DD and I had looked forward to today's fall festival for 2 weeks, but the day comes, and he can't spare $10 for gas, even though I just gave her $500 _yesterday_ for her b'day (which she handed over to him) and then I even offered to put gas in the car for them. Still, no one could go. There was no real reason for it other than he didn't want them to go. She was just as disappointed as I was but, again, DD can't see it right now, but the day will come when she will. As I've said before, he's the best father and husband I've ever seen...but that's not saying a whole lot. He has some severe control issues. Some wives are okay with that, and I just have to learn how to step back and let them work through that. Maybe DD is/will be okay with that, but I just can't be.

Thanks for allowing me to vent/rant.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]