[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

First let me say that I don't agree with him. Second, let me say he is

Posted by being totally ridiculous. However, Rachael sm on October 31, 2010 at 17:23:39:

In Reply to: Just a vent ... sm posted by Easyrider on October 31, 2010 at 13:57:46:

I can understand what his happening here. I don't think it necessarily has to do with "he must know the power behind it" as he does of fear that they will get caught up in what he believes is a bunch of baseless all lies, though why he would care, I don't really know.

For me it was:

I grew up that way. My parents were rather devout Jews and later, my stepmother too - her father was the president of the synagouge. My stepmother had some strange ideas and wouldn't let us attend things like that. Not because she was not strong in her own beliefs, but she was certain that Christians we, as you said he believes, believers of a bunch of baseless lies. She believed that if we were to associate with them, their main mission was to convert us.

Now I don't know if she thought we were just too young and impressionable or not strong enough in our own beliefs that they instilled or what, but in our religion, to accept Jesus, or later on, to marry outside our religion, meant death as a Jew. In fact, they were to go as far as sit Shiva, a custom of mourning and grief for the loss of a loved one. It was not so much about being afraid of any power of Jesus for her (because like you said, to her that was all baseless lies) as it was about losing a child.

I don't know who he is, but maybe it is something like that.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]