[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

"A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast." sm

Posted by Estelle on October 11, 2010 at 17:34:01:

In Reply to: I think we'd better be willing to care for animals whenever we can- posted by Shawn on October 11, 2010 at 11:08:52:

We're not saying things too differently, just arriving from different perspectives.

There are many biblical instances in which we are to study God's other creatures and creation. The Laws of Moses instruct us to go out of our way to return an animal to its owner; and that if another's animal is killed, that they are to replace them.
Jesus spoke of the fall of a sparrow being in God's knowledge, but He also said that we are much more than they.
Though generally nonChristians don't buy that man is "more valuable" than animals in God's eye, that does not mean that animals are to be mistreated nor treated with less respect than our fellow man. I think in many ways, God uses the rest of creation to teach us dummies about ourselves and how our relationships should be...very similar to what you are saying about training children w/ pets at various stages of life.
Side tangent...LOL, the donkey talking back at Baalam was quite a lesson for Baalam, in my opinion.
I do believe God is a god of order, even if we don't quite understand His purpose of that order.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]