[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Ask a Christian if animals go to heaven.

Posted by nm on October 10, 2010 at 18:23:55:

In Reply to: Would be interested in what religious philosophy that is. posted by What do you mean? NM on October 10, 2010 at 17:35:58:

: : First of all, I don't believe in "heaven," let me make that clear, but to say animals can't go because they have no souls makes no sense.

: : What really is a soul? I think we all have an idea what one is, but how do you define it? But if God created animals, you can bet they have one.

: : I don't believe in "God" per se, but I do believe in spirituality and I do believe that animals have it in them too.

: : Animals can feel pain. They can feel cold. They are also capable of emotions. They can feel love.

: : Some idiot told me once that dogs are not capable of love, that they may do things out of loyalty, but not because they can feel love - and to ask a trainer.

: : Of course my trainer (an animal behavioralist who specializes in agressive dogs), says that is BS.

: : I know it is BS. You cannot tell me my dog is not capable of love and does not love me. When she looks in my eyes, there is the kind of love and trust that the only other time I experienced was when my son was a baby and we would stare into each other's eyes. You can't tell me that isn't love. You can't tell me that isn't spirituality.

: : I get SO sick of egotistical crap that says that people are so above animals. I have the feeling animals have all kinds of things going on that we don't know about or understand. Yes, there is a language barrier. Yet it is often those exact same people who believe God gave humans dominion over animals that seem to ignore that means caring for them the way they believe God cares for us.

: : Anyway, I'm digressing, I guess.

: : Of course animals are spiritual. They are living beings. They have a consciouness, they feel pain, they feel and express love, they have memories.

: : And I'm really, really, really, really, trying hard here not to say anything bad about a certain religious philosophy that is totally egotistical, basing God in man's image, and saying they don't.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]