[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Oh, girlfriend, me, too!! sm

Posted by Estelle on October 07, 2010 at 23:50:21:

In Reply to: Thanks for your post, Estelle... sm posted by Easyrider on October 07, 2010 at 23:18:44:

I have not always been a good person--not saying I am now, but I'm a much better person than I ever used to be! As a matter of fact, I've got a few skeletons in my closet, but I refuse to allow them to live and party there. They need to be buried, plain and simple.

When you became a Christian, you became a new creature in Christ. Old things are passed away, all things are made new. : ) Yes, ER, there IS hope for you! : )
Yeah, David was one messed up dude, but there are other Biblical men who messed up royally, too, and yet they were still profound Bible heros. A couple of NT guys that come to my mind are Peter and Paul.
Peter K-N-E-W Jesus!! He KNEW who He was, witnessed His power, was beloved of Him, and yet he denied Him 3 times. Why did he survive and Judas Iscariot did not? Peter knew not only the Man of God, but he knew the Love of God. The Love of God is what enabled him to face Jesus again after betraying him. Jesus enabled him to "cancel" the denial by asking him 3 times "Do you love Me?" and commanding him 3 times to "feed my sheep."
Saul/Paul murdered Christians before meeting Jesus on the road to Damascus. After his conversion, he never looked back on that way of life again. At some point, he says that, "I have wronged no man." Immediate response is, "SAY WHA???????" After all, murder is about as wrong against man as wrong can be, right? BUT, he spoke as a man after God's heart; as a new, transformed man. He spoke as one forgiven of his past sins. He never looked back.

I say all that to encourage you that no matter what you've done, even how often you have done wrong in the past, you ARE a new creature in Christ, and He is not going to steer you wrong. He has forgiven you. He is capable of taking care of details we have no idea is even needed.
The evidence of a Christian is not the John 3:16 T-shirt, cross necklace, or fishy bumper sticker, but a transformed life. You are a testimony in the works, ER. Aren't we all?

I'm glad your daughter was able to acknowledge that her husband hurt your feelings. Hopefully things will start mending again and you can soon resume conversations with him. : )

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]