[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

It's difficult to put into words, but yes, I believe you can. sm

Posted by Estelle on October 07, 2010 at 22:46:26:

In Reply to: A question: Can you love someone (not romantic-type love) but posted by not like them? Why? Please explain. NM on September 15, 2010 at 14:41:29:

An example for me is the people I used to work with....
Left up to me, I would NEVER "choose" them for my friends. However, I believe in some instances God gave me something that could be seen as a direct blessing to them. That blessing is an extension of God's Love toward them through me.

I believe it's possible to see people as God sees them, even though I personally cannot stand them. My own sense of humanity often gets in the way of God's vision of some other people.
It's kind of like seeing why a bully is a bully. I can't stand the exterior the bully is putting on for the benefit of the world, but when I find out that this bully has some struggles s/he has no idea how to handle, it can soften my internal view of her/him, tho I'm still going to be very wary of the front the bully puts forth because s/he still has not faced the internal struggles s/he keeps trying to hide.

Some family members are difficult people, and I can't stand the way they are, but when I have an understanding as to why they behave the way they do, I can detach and put aside my sense of dislike and attempt to love them as God loves me...all unlovely moments of me. I believe my gratefulness of God's love enables me to love those I otherwise don't like.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]