[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

"a primordial butt." Hahahaha--You really, really should sign this, it's a great post!

Posted by Excellent, thought-provoking, sparkling points. Shawn on October 07, 2010 at 20:50:50:

In Reply to: Some nonspiritual comments--but maybe some not-so-kind men bashing: posted by sm on October 07, 2010 at 13:59:19:

: Do you have any children of the male persuasion?? A lot of times they are socially inept and that Y chromosome means they must be taught good manners and empathy for others. Not always but it's a conundrum why they don't 'get' stuff.

: I see your SIL as maybe 'marking his territory' with his wife. The Bible is outside of his comfort zone, they are a couple (and you're not necessarily consciously excluded but maybe at some primitive beast level you ARE excluded...being warned off his territory).

: I wouldn't take offense any more than, say, anger at that male dog lifting his leg to pee off interlopers. Not that you are an invader but in that way back primitive reptilian male brain--he's pulling his wife back into his orbit.

: You get to find a way to maintain your beliefs and laughingly remind him that he's being a primordial butt.

: My take and your mission, should you care to take it, is to find a way to maintain your beliefs and brush him off with humor. At least that's what I would do...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]